Snoring habits might become a laughing stock at parties, but in reality, it is serious business. A lot of people snore regularly or at least occasionally. Snoring might causes a problem in marriages since it affects the spouse’s sleep as well. Not only that, snoring causes obtrusive sleep apnea which means that your breathing is not normal while sleeping. It could lead to heart problems.
Instead of directly jumping to over-the-counter pills, you should try remedies for snoring that could improve the quality of your sleep. Some of the easiest remedies that are known to be effective against snoring are:
- Change the sleeping position- Sleeping on your side is considered the best position to get rid of snores. When you sleep laying on your back, your soft palate collapses to your throat wall, which causes snoring. You can use a sleeping pillow to make sure that you sleep on your side only. You can also recline your bed to sleep, but it could lead to neck pains which is why sleeping on your side is the best way to say goodbye to those snores.
- Weight loss- This does not mean that thin people do not snore at all. But weight loss has been found to be effective in relieving snoring for some people.
- Cut down alcohol- Even people who do not snore are likely to do it after drinking alcohol. The situation can get worse if you drink alcohol before going to bed. Avoid alcohol or sedatives if you wish to get rid of snoring.
- Avoid poor sleep habits- Habits such as working for long hours without any rest can lead to over-exhaustion of your body, leading to deep and hard sleeping. This can lead to snoring, as well. Make sure your body is getting the rest that it requires.
- Replace pillows- If you cannot remember the last time you changed your pillows, the snoring is most definitely a result of this. The dust mites that get accumulated in the pillow over time can lead to obstruction of your nose, which could lead to snoring.
- Open nasal passages- If your nasal passages are clogged due to cold or any other reason, you will snore because the air won’t flow easily. You can take a hot shower before bed to open up these passages or use nasal strips while sleeping.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day- Staying hydrated can play a significant role in getting rid of snores. When you are dehydrated, your nasal secretions become stickier, which can trigger snoring. To avoid this, you need to stay hydrated throughout the day.
All these remedies for snoring are quite simple but effective. Making small alterations in your lifestyle can improve the quality of sleep your body gets and relieve you from the trouble of snoring. Ensure you do not compromise with the quantity of quality of your sleep to stay healthy and get rid of those troublesome snores.
Reference Link: https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/easy-snoring-remedies