Norton is software that works as an antivirus or anti-malware software product. It was developed and distributed by NortonLifelock in 1990 as part of its Norton family of computer data security products. It uses signatures, heuristics, and algorithms to identify viruses. The other features it includes are email spam filtering and phishing protection.
What does Norton Do?
This unique software has been developed to give protection to various devices from malware or viruses that can erode the significant data on your computer. The Norton Antivirus is an efficient antivirus that can protect your PC or laptop from such errors.
How to use Norton Antivirus?
The data in your systems have to be protected from various errors and mishaps like hacking or dysfunctioning of the gadget. To protect this data, you must install the software in your system first. And keep in mind that an upgraded version of Norton is essential to keep your devices from any cyber error. Hence you need to update the software timely.
What services are provided by Norton?
- The software provides a variety of significant services. Let us have a look.
- Norton's software, either Norton Security or Lifelock, or Norton 360, provides check computer systems for Y2K compliance.
- The services include malware prevention and removal during the subscription period for up to five devices.
- Other features include a firewall, email spam filtering, and phishing protection.
- A mobile version of the Norton software is also available.
- It also provides backup facility to keep its user's files safe.
- Twenty five GB of online storage is provided for backing up important photos and documents from a user's device.
- A cloud-based parental control service called as Norton Family formerly known as Norton Online Family, and is aimed at augmenting communication" involving parents and their children's online activities; hence has social importance as well.
- Norton also improves computer functioning. Computer Tune-Up is a program that helps users increase the performance of older computer systems.
- The program uses inspection and repair services to get back the speed and performance in place of a new computer or repair-shop work.
Norton-certified technicians are available to offer repair assistance.
How can you upgrade Norton on your computer system?
For better functioning of Norton Antivirus, you need to update it routinely. With changing versions of our PC or Laptops, an upgraded version. Here are the steps given going through which you can upgrade Norton Antivirus to your Windows 10 system.
- Firstly you need to run Norton Antivirus security software in your operating system.
- Here on the startup, you need to click the Protected tab given on the security tab.
- Now you need to click on Live Update
- Hit the Apply button
- Norton will automatically check if there is any update available.
- Download the upgraded version if available.
- It will take time to get installed in software.
- Rerun live update after the installation is done.
Get more information regarding Norton, be it related to its working, functioning, upgrade, subscription and others, you are recommended to visit its official site. If you still want to know, can I speak to someone at Norton? Then you can make a call at its customer support number that is provided at its official site. The support agent will help you in getting more info.