Suppose you are planning a trip, but you are uncertain about the plans because of some business meeting, are not getting leave approval, or it could be any reason and don't want to book a flight right now, just to cancel it later. In this condition, you should opt for the JetBlue Holding option available for the passengers so they can book the flight at their convenience. If you are confused about the process and policies of the airline, then keep on reading the information below-
What are the JetBlue ticket-holding policies?
Before opting for a holding option, you must know the important guidelines made by the airline, which are given below-
- As the airline policies state, the passengers are allowed to hold the ticket on the quoted fare for at least 24 hours- 48 hours before the flight's scheduled departure time.
- In case the reservation is canceled by the passenger within the given time period of the purchase window, then the minimum payment that was paid during the hold time will not be refunded by the airline.
What are the benefits of Holding a flight booking?
- If you opt for the holding option, you will get flexibility in payment, and you can also skip paying for an entire trip in one go.
- Holding an airfare option can protect you from spending the increased airfare amount while purchasing a flight ticket.
- This process gives you an option to cancel your plan if the thighs don't go as planned and will save you money from losing the cancellation fee as you will be paying the minimum amount of the fare price on holding a ticket.
What is the process of holding a flight ticket?
You will be able to hold your flight reservation for 24 hours, and any changes made in the fare will not affect your hold ticket fare, and you will have to pay only the fare price on which you had put a hold earlier. You can use the online option to hold your bookings.
- To start the process, go to the official website at www.jetblue.com.
- On the home page, you will see the flights option, where you have to fill in your departure airport and destination airport to book a flight ticket.
- Now choose your trip type, whether it is a one-way or round trip, and pick your departure date and travel class and press the search flights option.
- Based on your entered details, you will get the data of available flights on your screen.
- Pick a trip as per your requirements and click the continue button to proceed.
- A detailed form will appear on the next page where you have to fill in the passenger information and contact details, and you can also add on extra services like meals, extra baggage, special assistance, and much more.
- Before going to the last phase of booking, you will get the option of "Hold my flight." Tap on that option and follow the prompts to complete the process.
If you are still uncertain about the process and policies, then you can opt for the customer support option and discuss with them How long is JetBlue hold? You can dial the phone number available on the official website contact us tab.