Concrete mixers include a rotating tank, a motor, a rigid frame, a tipping handle, or a dump wheel (on one side) allowing the user to tilt the tank. The tank includes helical fixed blades designed to mix materials to make a homogenous and-quality mixture. The concrete mixer motors are either combustion, electric, or hydraulic.
To choose the appropriate cement mixer sale South Africa, you should learn what form of concrete volumes you will end up needing. The tank is only able to be filled to 80% as a maximum. When manufacturers mention "mixing volume" it implies 80% of the tank's volume.
In relation to the selection criteria, you must also take into consideration how frequently you intend to apply your concrete mixer.
- Occasional Use
When you only want to take advantage of the mixer for single worksites (small projects), the 60 Litre tank may be sufficient. For such situations, electric concrete mixers are usually ideal.
- Frequent Use
For medium worksites, the 120 Litre concrete mixers are often sufficient. Dependent at work size, the amount can be increased to 160 or 190 liters. If there is electricity offered at your worksites, electrical concrete mixers certainly are a preferable choice.
- Intensive Or Regular Use
These concrete mixers are equipped for professional and big worksites. Should you call for a concrete mixer for sale in South Africa that operates every day, non-stop, you will need a concrete mixer having a tank of no less than 250 Litres (that you should exercise based on your requirements). In these situations, the combustion engine models really are a better option to avoid issues concerning power source.
Reasons To Choose Electric Concrete Mixers?
Electric concrete mixers are suited to occasional and frequent use for medium-sized worksites. These are typically single-phase 220V which provide power that ranges between 500 to 1,500 watts. Three-phase 380V can be a more sensible choice whenever a higher level of power is necessary.
Electric Concrete Mixer Benefits
- Budget-friendly price level, no consumables (gasoline or oil), and simply about no maintenance.
- Regardless of the temperature outside, they may start immediately.
- The compact measurements of these mixers causes them to be the best selection for indoor use.
- They are more maneuverable and lighter in comparison to the combustion engine concrete mixers.
Electric Concrete Mixer Drawbacks
- You may need a power supply on-site.
- This equipment is not intended for frequent or intensive use.
Good Reasons To Choose Concrete Mixers With Combustion Engines
Combustion engine concrete mixers are suited for professional and larger construction sites, in particular those the location where the concrete mixer will be used just about every day. They are more cumbersome, heavier, and noisier compared to electric concrete mixer, but they have numerous benefits that outweigh their drawbacks.
Combustion Engine Concrete Mixer Benefits
- These machines are autonomous which suggests they operate on diesel or gasoline, meaning they do not count on electricity.
- Most suitable for big construction sites, the combustion engines are often more robust plus more powerful than the concrete mixers with electric motors.
- Long service life.
- Easy to move given that they come provided with road-towable, inflatable tires.
Combustion Engine Concrete Mixer Drawbacks
- Noise levels
- Sometimes difficult to begin